- ALTA EXPORTS IS ACTIVE IN CHINA
Alta Exports has completed a number of large projects in China involving the production, delivery and implantation of Bovine embryos. All embryos produced by Alta Exports are guaranteed to meet all import requirements as dictated by the Chinese/Canadian Health Protocols.
Presentation of the Son of Acme Star Lily, World Champion Holstein female as a gift to the P. R. of China, at the visit of Premier Zhu Rongji to Alta Genetics, April, 1999.
- LARGEST PUREBRED CATTLE SHIPMENT FROM CANADA TO CHINA
Alta Exports International Ltd. shipped 150 head of breeding cattle from Canada to China during April 2000. The animals completed their "in-Canada" quarantine and embarked on a 20 hour air-charter 747 to Tianjin China. The shipment was comprised of six purebred beef breeds as well as Holsteins.
Following a 45 day quarantine in Tianjin, the cattle are destined for breeding programs in six Chinese provinces.
- ALTA EXPORTS TRAINING / TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER SESSIONS IN CHINA
In 2002-2003 AEI completed a number of Training/Technology transfer sessions in China as a follow up to successful importation of Canadian Genetics Training sessions in China centred on nutrition, genetics, selection, management and administration. Expertise was provided under a CIDA project utilizing AEI expertise, Government of Alberta specialists and Agriteam personnell.Training in Canada was designed to increase expertise in Embryo production and management. Training sessions were held at Gold Cattle Bio. Inc., Urumqi, Xinjiang and Beijing Glorious Land and Cattle Co. AEI continues to include training and technology programs to our new and established customers.
MEXICO / LATIN AMERICA
- MEXICO REBUILDS HERDS WITH CANADIAN CATTLE IMPORTS
Alta Exports International Ltd. continues to assist several Mexican states in their herd rebuilding programs following recent herd reductions due to widespread drought and economic pressure. Overland transportation by freightliner has facilitated the movement of large numbers of cattle between Canada and Mexico.
Several beef breeds, including Charolais, Angus, Simmental, and Limousin are involved in these exportations.
RUSSIA / KAZAKHSTAN
- COMING SOON
- The Bonsmara breed was developed in South Africa by beef guru Jan Bosma, to meet the demands of producing quality beef under arid and tropical climactic conditions. The Bonsmara breed is now the predominant beef breed in South Africa.
- The Bonsmara breed contains no Bos Indicus influence and gains its hardiness from the Afrikander breed which is a Bos Taurus breed.
- In 1996, Alta imported a number of Bonsmara embryos which were implanted into recipients. The entire resultant herd now numbers approximately 2000 head and is owned by the Chapman family of Amarillo, Texas.
- AEI is co-operating with the Chapmans and now maintains a herd of pure Bonsmara in Canada. Utilizing Canada's excellent bovine health status, Bonsmara genetics are now available world-wide.
- Contact us for more details.